Re: Storm Bull ideas...

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "flynnkd2" <flynnkd_at_...>

> On the assumption that Storm Bull is a Practise
> of Praxian Tradition

He is.

> I am going to use the following for my player...

You are generally not far off the mark.

> Entry requirements: must be a warrior in the
> tradition.

There are some implied cultural constraints here that may not apply. For example, there are virtually no female warriors in Prax (the crazy Unicorm Women aside). But there are female warriors of Storm Bull. They were obviously not warriors in the Waha and Eiritha tradition prior to joining Storm Bull, since it is taboo for women to weild weapons. Further, I think Storm Bull is more open to chaos-hating Outlanders than any of the other core practices of the Praxian tradition. So someone joining need not necessarily have been in the tradition prior to joining up. Your point is well taken, though that these are exceptions: generally Bullmen are male warrior who grew up in Prax.

> Abilities: Follower of Storm Bull, Open Spirit
> World, Spirit Face,
> Storm Bull Practice Knowledge. Sense Chaos.

I'd add Face Chaos and Go Berserk to these.

> Virtues: Fearless, Stubborn, Angry, Hate Chaos

Fanatical and Crude, perhaps, as well.

> Spirit Ally: a herd beast of the owners tribe.

I don't think so. I think they receive their allies directly from the Bull at the Eternal Battle. I think they would typically have a combination of Sense Chaos, Face Chaos, and Go Berserk abilities.

> Secret: Slay Chaos.

Nope. That's "pompous magic". The Storm Bull secret is that his worshippers who attend his Final Meeting at the Eternal Battle can receive Feats of Urox and Spells of St. Bemurox.

> Practice Secret requirements: Follower of Storm Bull
> 1W2, Open Spirit World 1W2, Hate Chaos 1W2

I'd replace Open Spirit World with either Face Chaos or Sense Chaos.

> Charms and Fetishes: as per Waha

I think horns and hooves would be more like it. I can see a Bullman shaking a hoof in one hand and swinging a war axe with the other.

> Disadvantages: must defeat chaos.

That's an advantage! The real disadvantage is that Bullmen are considered psychopathic by other Dedra. They totally disdain many of the ways of the tradition, break taboos, sometimes commit murder (and get away with it), etc. The reason this is an advantage is that getting community support is more difficult -- they usually have lower "Relationship to Clan" types of abilities, or take a negative augment based on "Follower of Storm Bull" or "Crude" or some such.

A lot of this is in flux, so don't take this as official.

Chris Lemens

The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com