Re: An entire scenario one extended contest

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

Benedict Adamson wrote on Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:29:50 +0000:
> I don't understand your remark about 'plot flow description'. All the
> contest rules are about plot flow description. Can you clarify?

In a dramatic story (like a movie), the AP counts down to the end of the film. An AP of 25 out of 100 for the villain doesn't reflect the fact that the villain is almost dead before a miraculous rescue, it just says that the movie is 75% near the end. Another 25% of the movie passes, as more things happen to the villain (revived, fights the hero a few more times, etc) and his AP go down to zero, and then the movie ends. AP are more related to the number of frames which have passed through the projector than the actual state of the characters, since HeroQuest isn't a simulation. Plot flow can be completely disconnected from the character's physical state.