Re: Argument Overridden

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:19:57 -0500

How about an entire campaign as a simple contest? (Offered with tongue firmly in cheek)

Each player takes their highest ability and augments with all of their other abilities.

The Narrator establishes a resistance ability of "Everything that sucks in a Hero's life."

Simple Contest:

Complete Victory: Hero defeats all his enemies, ascends to God-like levels of power, and is remembered even after the Illiteracy Era.

Major Victory: Hero defeats all his enemies, is a great Heroquester, and is remembered until the Illiteracy Era.

Minor Victory: Hero defeats all his enemies and retires to be honored throughout his life.

Marginal Victory: Hero defeats most of his enemies and retires in comfort.

Tie: Hero defeats many enemies, but winds up on the Gloranthan version of "VH-1's Whatever Happened to...?" within ten years of his death.

Marginal defeat: Hero defeats some enemies, but winds up on the Gloranthan version of "VH-1's Whatever Happened to...?" within his own lifetime.

Minor defeat: Hero defeats a couple of enemies, but winds up in rehab due to addiction to prescription pain killers from his many wounds.

Major defeat: Who???

Complete Defeat: Hero winds up coaching a local kid's team, but is fired due to sexual indiscretions. Kiddie porn is then found on his PC. Finally, he is indicted for tax fraud. He ends his life as a televangelist.

Gerald