RE: Re: Argument overridden

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:44:48 +0000

> > Feel free to disagree with the opinion, like I've said I have
>> problems with the idea myself.
>
>There does seem to be a lot of speaking past each other in this argument -
>people keep repeating their position without casting any light on anything!
>:-)
>
>I think the crux of the matter is what AP represent.
>
>You seem to think that they determine past events and, to some extent, limit
>the actions you might attempt - based on what has been narratively described
>during the contest. Right??

Not exactly - it's the situation as described in the narrative. That has to reflect and explain the AP situation so they are related, but it's the narrative that matters. Let me say it absolutely clearly, if the action makes sense given the narrative then I have absolutely no objection to it,

>On the other side they seem to think that they determine how close the
>contest is to coming to a conclusion, at which point limitations may be
>placed on the characters actions dependent upon the goals of the contest.

I'll let them explain their views. I'm not sure that that is it.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.