Re: Argument overridden

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:57:06 -0000

> But I think that what I am suggested is in touch with the rules as
> they stand - consider this from p68 "Until a character drops to 0
or
> fewer advantage points any wounds will be superficial. They may
well
> cause him considerable pain, ruining his concentration and slowing
> him down,..." This is before any mention of hurts as an
alternative
> to AP losses.

A superficial injury puts me at a disadvantage: I won't be able to attack as effectively with that arm; The numbness in my leg makes it harder for me to move around, etc. All of which are adequately represented by AP loss, since the lost APs make me easier to defeat.

A wound that rendered my arm useless or imobilised me thus preventing me from using apropriate abilities is definitely not superficial, it's crippling (literaly).

> I think that we're just going to have to agree to disagree on
>this one.

I suppose so.

Simon Hibbs