Re: Argument Overridden

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:42:07 -0000

I'm not going to say much more in this because I think I've said all I can without repeating myself too much. I'll stick to pointing out where I think I've been misunderstood.

Alex said:
>I think we're tying ourselves in unnecessary logical knots, here.
The
>implication of what you're saying is that either no-one is ever
>entangled (by anything, at all), unless we specifically had an
>'entangling contest'.

No. I'm saying that if I am entangled merely through a narrative event – no game mechanics involved then I can untangle myself through purely narrative means. The success of the entanglement and disentanglement may be dependent on successful actions within a contest but the entanglement and disentanglement do not involve changes to game mechanical concepts such as skill ratings.