Questions on AP and stakes

From: Alain Rameau <karamo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 18:53:30 +0100

Hero Wars reached Scotland last Wenesday, and I started reading the rules...

A few questions already :

1/ Does we have to take into account the modifiers to the target number before calculating the starting AP in a contest, or does that only apply to followers ? (ie Hero only start with their full target number AP, notwithstanding any modifier ?)

2/ Hoe does the Narrator determine the stake each round in extended contest for natural obstacle, suc as strong current, cliff, ...

3/ Can a hero get more AP than its starting level by way of transfer or lending, or is it limited anyway to its starting target number ? And in group extended contest, what is that limit : the hero own starting AP's or the pool starting APs ?

4/ I didn't had a chance to run a combat, but the trading wounds system allowing 7AP into a wound does not appear very effective for the winner, as even if it is cumulative, it is only about a 5% advantage/disadvantage each time. Not enough to change the course of the battle IMO. Do I miss something ?

Alain.
http://www.karamo.btinternet.co.uk/rq.htm