Essence use clarification

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:59:50 -0500

I want to make sure I am interpreting the use of an embodied essence properly. Here is my interpretation:
  1. As a guardian essence - three magical functions: Awareness, Blessing, and Defense. Individual essences vary greatly, and may not have all three functions.
  2. The functions can be learned as spells, but this reduces the essence's function rating by one (1) point for every talisman attuned to it. Such talismans must be recharged once used or after a week, whichever comes first.
  3. The essence can be tapped for raw magical power. The three function ratings are added together and can be used as AP or to provide an augment. The augment would be 1/10 of the total combined rating. For example: a 20/20/20 essence could provide 60 AP or an auto-augment of +6 to a spell. This depletes the essence until the next regular worship service is performed.

Sound right?

~Kevin McD