Re: Magic Items and Secrets

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:38:28 -0000

> Is this necessarily true? If the PCs find a mighty item, should
their ability with it automatically start at 13? I wouldn't do it in this case, but if I wanted to, could I have them find, say, a Bag of Winds that has the ability Trap Sylph 5W2?<

See others but there is no reason why not, especially as characters become more proficicient and a 13 rated ability test becomes next to useless.

>And would they then be able to cement it for one hero point?

Yes, but... ;-) For me one hero point represents an ability at 13. If you want to give them a higer ability just press the animist hero point costs for spirits table into action. While not official IMO that table is your friend for figuring our HP costs to cement higher ability 'items'.

HTH.