Re: Re: Spirit Travel

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 16:37:50 -0700

> All these things add up, but getting to the spirit plane is a
> non-trivial thing, it would seem.

It is *meant* to be non-trivial! Also note that the Spirit world is the *easiest* of the otherworlds to get to (the other Otherworlds have various "layers" to go through, each 3 masteries more than the one before).

>Apparently, one cna get spirits
> for
> fetishes without going to the spirit plane (or so it seems to me)
> espeically if they know the name of the spirit involved.

Fetishes are "filled" by shamans, not by every-day-run-of-the-mill tribesmen. The shaman must make a circle, go to the Spirit world, fight a spirit and force it into the fetish - there is a lot of "behind the scenes" involved in that simple task. Which means that shamans are going to be really protected from physical peril at all times - if a family loses its shaman, it is screwed!

RR