Re: spare the extended contests

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:06:00 -0600

My advice is not to use that one gift (Jonorol's Blessing) that grants AP; allow Humakti who already have it from HW to pick another gift to go with the geas or to pick another gift/geas pair. I didn't use it in Hero Wars either, because it was useless outside of extended contests. The edge = bonus option on p. 186 takes care of the edge gifts.

 From glancing through Cults of Prax, here are some quick suggestions for other gifts that could be substituted or added: 1. Gain a physical ability that would be useful in combat, such as Strong, Agile, or Tough, at a rating of 12, or gain +5 in that ability. (This overlaps Kargan's Combat Blessing, but it allows a little more freedom. It was inspired by the characteristic raise gifts. It's also a little too broadly applicable for my tastes.)
2. Gain the ability Withstand Physical Attack at 12 or raise it by +5. (This is what I would suggest for Jonorol's Blessing, which seems to be related to the old increase Defense gift.)

Thanks,
Andy