Re: Re: spare the extended contests

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:16:05 -0800

> > It could be listed as the magical ability
> > 'Regeneration' and treated as minor magical
> > self-healing.
>
> Oh, I like this a lot!
> Given the Humakti problems with healing geases, this
> could be a lifesaver at times, and irrelevant the rest
> of the time. But would it count as "magical healing"
> for geas purposes? A gift that breaks a geas: messy!

Either Humakt will allow it ('cause he gave it in the first place), or he won't allow the combination of Inginew/Hu's Sword Blessings and Jonorol's blessing on the same person. Narrator's Choice :-). If you have both, then Humakt (read: the narrator) must have allowed it, and it doesn't count as "magical" in that sense.

>Who wrote that gift/geas list, anyway? Do they have any comment to make
about their intentions?

I wrote most of the gifts/geas, but I think the final form came from either Greg or Stephen Martin. What I remember is that I just translated the various CoP gifts & geases straight across - someone else paired them in the form they are now.

RR
- Richelieu