Re: Re: spare the extended contests

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:15:50 -0500

Hi!

On Nov 14, 2003, at 6:10 PM, Jane Williams wrote:

> --- Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...> wrote:

> > Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...t> wrote:

> > healing"
> > messy!
> > >
> > > I wouldn't consider it magical for geas purposes
> > since Humakt is granting it.
> >

> > *You* wouldn't consider it a geas-breaker. But would
> > Humakt? He's a lot less reasonable than you are!
>
> This is what worries me. I know what my Humakti PC
> would think.  OK, so she's insane, but then this is
> part of the Devotee job description :(
>
> Humakt will grant non-sword skill bonuses, and also
> geases to never use non-sword weapons.

Both points very true and well taken. However, I feel the geas against healing magic is more of a geas against "life magic". Since the gift is from Humakt, it's definitely not life magic!! Definitely subject to interpretation, though. I guess it depends how much the narrator wants to annoy her Humakti player(s)!! ;-)

Camo