Opinions: "bless" feats versus affinity use

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:46:59 -0000

A number of sub-cults have things like:
- "barley" affinity, with "bless barley" feat.

I was trying to think how those bless feats would work out, and all I could really think of was similar to liturgical blessings, an augment to the blessed thing or person for the duration of the magic. But, it seems you could do the same sort of augment just with the affinity. Since devotees can still call on the general affinity, why would they learn those "bless" feats?

Any opinions on how you could use a "bless" feat in a way that is different from just calling on the affinity?

--Bryan