Re: Stacking Magic - and mundane abilities?

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:21:30 +0000

Hi!

>My players abide by the three magical augments rule
>faithfully, but layer on the mundane augments like crazy. "So, I am
>Strong, have a Hatred for the enemy, am Loyal to House (improvised),
>Determined (improvised) ..." Between the magic and mundane augments it
>is not uncommon for them to have six augments going. Mundane abilities
>are not subject to First Magic, either. If you are Strong, Hate the
>enemy, and are Loyal and Determined then you pretty much just get the
>benefit without having to prepare. In Hero Wars you couldn't augment
>with more than one mundane ability, but HeroQuest doesn't seem to have
>this limitation. It is one area where mundane abilities have an
>advantage over magic. (except Blessings, which are always on)

By improvised next to 'Loyal to House' and 'Determined' do you mean it's not on their character sheet and they are using it at a base of 6? If so, that's a no-no. I don't have my book with me but there should be something in there about only using abilities on your character sheet for augments. Otherwise, you'd have just such a problem. If I'm remembering something from a draft of the rules and it didn't make it in the final cut, it should have! :-)

Camo