Re: Re: opinions on how much affinities and feats are limited to each other?

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:46:29 -0500

Hi!

On Nov 18, 2003, at 4:49 PM, Paul Andrew King wrote:

> For initiates I believe (until authoritatively told otherwise) that
> the intent of "An Initiate can improvise any named feat in the
> affinity..." restricts them to improvising the common feats listed
> with the affinity.

Yes, but... :-)

If a devotee cements a feat that is not in a book and an initiate knows of this feat, the narrator could allow the initiate to improvise it.

The idea behind the rule is that initiates can't improvise a feat 'out of thin air' while a devotee can (although, as Paul said, the player must justify it mythically.) This is because the devotee supposedly has a deeper and greater knowledge of the god.

Camo