Re: magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:43:35 -0800

>Does this mean you can have an affinity with say 5 feats. And improve one
>feat for 1HP or all them via an improvement of the affinityrating for only
>3HP????

Yep. Not necessarily a *good* trade, but there if you want to use it.

>How do you handle spells/feats, etc. that give you magical armor?
>In HW you had a spirit of the La-Ungariant tradition that gave you a
magical
>armor with the edge equal to the spirits might divided by 5.
>It seems to me that HQ rejects giving hard rules for how to handle magic
and
>suggests to more narrate effects....is that true ?
>Most of the time i think, a spell will give you an active ability which
works
>just fine for me. The spells rating is your new magical ability.
>But there are other cases, like the example above, where i m unsure how to
>handle it, especially with different levels of success.

You can use "Magical Armor" as an active skill in defense - "He swings at you with his sword" "I cast my Impenetrable Armor of Light". You roll your IAoL as your defense vrs his Sword Attack. It wouldn't yield a continuing benefit like an augment would, but is perfectly reasonable.

Augmenting, of course, is a natural use. Use Auto Augments or roll for 'em, and add them in as bonuses instead of edges - or, heck, use them as edges if you want.

RR
- Richelieu