do we have a moderator in the house? (was Re: Digest Number 1375)

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:29:56 -0000

Steve. Me. Nick. A few others. Probably could do with a few more, perhaps.

> The list-owner email address is HeroQuest-rules-
owner_at_yahoogroups.com

> The settings indicate that new members posts will be moderated, but
> that membership is open. So our friend could have joined freely,
but
> since then either has been set to Unmoderated status by a
Moderator,
> or had *that* post approved by a Moderator (which seems unlikely).
>
> The profile has only existed since 19-sep-2003, so any moderator
> activity has occured since then. So, I think we have live
moderators,
> somewhere. Maybe not monitoring the list 24/7, but alive.

Yes.

> If they're having difficulty figuring out how to handle this, I'd
> suggest dropping in to
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yahoo_group_of_groups/
> which is set up to help with just this sort of issue. But I suspect
> that in fact, they're just suffering from an attack of Real Life :(

More or less. I suspect Steve may have merely taken all the folks who were on moderated status and unmoderated them as there were about 200. Personally, the interface for editing and modifying status *is* a real pain to use, taking up to 2 minutes per user - and if you have 150 users who need to be put on unmoderated status...

I have also found that some of these profiles *lurk* until they are made unmoderated and THEN spew their posting.

Jeff