Re: how to imagine "superhumans" ?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:39:42 -0800

> Can somebody here explain to me how to imagine a Saint having a power of
> 10W6? Is that his rating with using a grimoire ? Or is that his highest
ability
> already calculated with all augments? How did he get that mighty ?
> How does a saint create his own saint node ? Is that a heroquest or a
spell
> or a secret or what?

Remember that ~10w4 is "Superhero" level (Harrek, Jar-Eel, etc), so a 10w6 saint is really pumped up!He's gone on many heroquests, and is living the life of the Righteous (whatever is "Righteous" in his religion, of course). He would be equivalent to a not-so-minor god if he were a theist. 10w6 (or whatever) would be his "Day to Day" rating: a bunch of always-on augments running, complete support from Worshippers, etc. If you went to the Saint's plane and got him angry, he could cast more spells and augments on top of this. If you ambushed him, he might be a bit weaker.

Making a place for himself on the Essence planes (ie, a Saint's Node) is a Heroquest to place himself among the immortals - the sorcerous equivalent of elevating yourself to Godhood among theists. To do this you need a whole plethora of conditions - somewhere I have Greg's "How to become a God" notes. Things like "become immortal", and "Have many people worshipping you" - that's not just followers or family, but people who give you Complete Support all the time (it helps you to reach that 10w6 level when you have a thousand people worshipping you - that's a +25 right there!)

> The same with a great god of 10W12, is he a ruling god like Zeus ? Or is
he
> more the absolute creator of the whole universe, like our christian god,
or the
> invisible god of the gloranthan wizardry church? ?

Great Orlanth, Yelm, Ernalda, Pamalt, Magasta, etc are in this class. They didn't *make* Glorantha, but are manifestations of major parts of it - Wind/Air, the Sun, Earth, etc. They not only embody the element (or whatever), but also their way of life is the way of life of entire nations. On Earth, Zeus and Odin would be in this range.

- Richelieu