Re: Where's the traffic?

From: Morrigan Enterprises <morriganenterprises_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:01:27 -0000

Henk,

>>I was not comparing thanksgiving
>>with Easter, but looking for
>>equivalents in Glorantha. ...read
>>my original question again...

Kettles and pots, Henk. I didn't say you were comparing them. I said you were treating them as the same sort of thing. You *were* doing that, weren't you?

>>...as easter and thanksgiving are
>>in their roots seasonal festivals,
>>it's not such a bad idea to
>>compare them after all. Thanks
>>for the suggestion!

But, when you made the intial query, you didn't mention "roots" or "origins", did you? You didn't mention anything about one culture subsuming another's festivals in an act of political repression? You were talking about the Pilgrim Fathers and the Crucifixtion. You were just being a typical superficial "American" (regardless of your nationality, birthplace and irrelevant comments from Roderick). Your squirming now is embarassing, though you've recovered some street cred by showing a knowledge of the fact that neither of these "celebrations" are original or honourable. A knowledge that a typical superficial American would not have...

Roderick,

>>Do you really think that this forum
>>is the correct place for this kind
>>of b*****t?

*Shrug* Someone mentioned that the place was quiet.

>>There are plenty of other places
>>for you to get all huffy about other
>>contries...

Sure, although it was Americans I was getting "huffy" about, not "other contries" (?). I'm finished if everyone else is, but before we close, are you going to tell us which bit(s) of your tiny little history indicate to *you* a superiority over other nations and cultures? Or did you just get embarassed when you started to think about it?

Philip
"He's about as cheerful as a freshly kicked badger." - Joe R Lansdale.