Re: alternative wounding rules

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:53:11 -0000

While I am a big fan of the basic principle, I'm not entirely happy with the way in which wound ratings are calculated and imposed.

During a contest, I believe that the goal of both participants is to win the contest. Inflicting a wound instead of robbing APs is not directly furthering the goal of winning the contest in strict HQ rules terms.

How about waiting untill the combat is over. The negative APs you drive your oponent down to (includign cou de grace) equals the rating of the wound. I think this should be the primary mechanism by which wounds are inflicted.

If we want a secondary mechanism, replacing the 7AP for a -1 tradeoff, that's fine but I think it should very much be a secondary chhoice. After all, you still need to win the contest even if you inflict a nasty wound.

Simon Hibbs