RE: Re: alternative wounding rules

From: stephenmcg_at_...
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:28:29 -0000

There are all kinds of ways that we could think of applying such things. Obviously, many of these are double dipping - AP lost AND wounds (either as hurts or flaws) - but they do add to the flavour of combat and deal with the fact that victors should not always be unharmed at the end of a combat.

The optional delivery of hurts is OK but players are likely to ignore them in the race to get their opponents to zero AP (though that does not excuse narrators from imposing hurts on players!). I was thinking that I might impose a transient flaw whenever an exchange results in a major or complete defeat.

What I haven't decided is how to rate that and how it stacks. Now - as Simon said - there is a difference in augmentation and resistances but it could be interesting narratively if someone did take a crippling wound to their leg. They could fight through it but might not be able to do the leaping on tables thing that they normally rely on because the resistance is too high.

I think I'll go for specific injuries at a rating of the AP bid that caused it (rather than the actual AP loss).