Re: alternative wounding rules

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:47:05 -0000

> I think I'll go for specific injuries at a rating of the AP
>bid that caused it (rather than the actual AP loss).

This will work - either take the AP loss of take the wound. If the AP loss would otherwise knock you out of the contest it's a reasonable choice to make and I can see it getting used a fair bit.

I also think wound sshould be cumulative, i.e. there should be a signle 'Wounded' rating. The main reaosn is that if you take a bad wound, if subsequent injuries don't add to the rating they only augment. That means subsequent wounds are only penalising you at 1/10th the rate the orriginal wound did, so once you've taken a wound later wounds aren't that big a deal any more. That seems wrong. Other factors such as disease and poison should have their won ratings though, so a Scorpion Man's poison could augment the wounds he inficted, etc.

Simon Hibbs