Re: alternative wounding rules

From: bigblackcatmail <bigblackcatmail_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:09:41 -0000

I think I'll need to see the proposed rule change in a finished form before I make any judgments on it. I am reading a number of different things here and, while they all seem to be pointing in the same direction, they aren't all the same. As I stated before, I think this idea has a good degree of merit.

What it has caused me to think about is defining wounds/injuries taken. I've been working on a different kind of HeroQuest character sheet. I had already inserted checkboxes for wounds and impairments. But this thread has caused me to think about adding a line that might describe the wound itself. That might be too much bookkeeping. Instead, of just checking a "-1" box, a player would scribble in "Dog Bite" or something of that nature next to the box. Instead of just checking the "-50%" box a player would write in "Broken Hip".

What are your thoughts on this approach? Not so much changing the wounds system, but adding a descriptor to the existing system...