Re: alternative wounding rules

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:06:26 -0000

> flynnkd2
>
> >What I may have a look at instead is that AP losses actually do
the
> >wounds you describe, as an EXTRA effect of losing AP. I realise
> >this makes an AP loss more significant, but I dont think it will
be
> >staggeringly greater...
>
> This means that each AP exchange has to be recorded. What a pain!
> --
>
> David Dunham
> Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html
> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Ya, probably is, but it would only be in extended contests, which are only used for the 'big' melee, which is not often... and would add some colour.

In my mind I really think that my players wont get into this much, they simply size up opponents and then bid 50% of their AP +1... its really a very boring aspect of the system. I think it will be the NPC who will use it to inflict 'effects' on players that they have to do something about.

Do other GMs find their players do the -one: hit to learn APs, two: hit for 50%+1 - thing? It makes for quick melees, but essentially reduces all extended combats down to a simple combat in a way.