Re: alternative wounding rules

From: Michael Schwartz <raconteurx_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:34:50 -0000

Simon Hibbs wrote:

> You're imposing AP loss and wounds at the
> same time, which seems overly harsh.

By Jove, I think he's got it!

Gritty = harsh, Simon. Do you want a system that leaves the victors in a combat unscathed or not? Why create a system which complicates the matter unduly when a simple solution is available?

> All contests are treated equaly - no special
> rules just for combats.

Except we have these fragments about arms and armor, and no other tools are discussed except in passing. Why is that, do you think? Mayhap it has something to do with special rules for combat...

> Also not all combats are lethal. My goal
> might be to wrestle someone to the ground,
> or trap them in a net, or drive them back
> off the stairs.

Who said anything about lethality? My "gritty combat" rule doesn't leave the victors dead, dying, or even incapacitated. They merely have a number of Hurts which require treatment... just as in good old-fashioned RuneQuest.

--
Michael Schwartz
raconteurx_at_...