Re: alternative wounding rules

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:58:52 +0100

Mike :

> What's really cool is that you can apply Wounds as negative augments in the
> same way that any other Ability is used. That is, if you were running with
> the above wounds, I'd say that the Body Blow was the primary negative
> Ability being augmented by the arm wound. ...
>
> Instead of multiple systems for resording, Abilities and Hurts, you only
> have one system that the players have to understand. Basically, Hurts are
> simplified Abilities that only display the negative augment. Why not just
> use the same system for everything? The recording, contrary to what another
> poster said, is the same - you still have to record every hurt you take. And
> when recording as Abilities, you automatically include more detail than just
> "Hurt", which is cool. So I'm not seeing a downside to this.

I agree, and I've not much to add.

I'll definitely be experimenting with this alternative !!

One question : how could one do stuff like Darth Vader chopping Luke's hand off in TESB : obviously, Luke loses many APs, but also loses his hand ...

Hmmm ...

Vader bids many APs, tries to inflict Wound to sword arm, Crit vs. Fail, apply Masteries, uses HP if necessary, Luke gets complete defeat, Wound gets x3 multiplier ...

Should one convert all of the x3 multiplier into the Wound, or is the Wound accompanied by a x2 AP loss, or can the wounder or the wounded party decide what happens ?

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"