RE: Digest Number 1387

From: Nicolas Hughes <nicolas.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:51:07 -0000

Message: 4
   Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:58:52 +0100
   From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Subject: Re: alternative wounding rules

>One question : how could one do stuff like Darth Vader
>chopping Luke's hand off in TESB : obviously, Luke loses
>many APs, but also loses his hand ...

My 0.02 worth.

Darth Vader takes an action out to wound Luke and scores lots of AP on his action inflicting on Luke an Amputated Hand 15W ability. To use a 2-handed light-sabre Luke will need to overcome  this 15W resistance and is in any case facing a penalty of -4. Seeing that this is hopeless he changes his intent for the contest and tries to escape instead.

If you do not want to kill your opponent but are using an inherently lethal weapon then taking an action out like this to try to force your opponent into changing tactics may be the best way to improve your odds of taking them alive.

>Should one convert all of the x3 multiplier into
>the Wound, or is the Wound accompanied by
>a x2 AP loss, or can the wounder or the wounded
>party decide what happens ?

You could split the AP loss between the wound and the ongoing conflict but that is too much complexity for my personal tastes.

--
Nic

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places in your computer where they are stored.

Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.