Re: Re: alternative wounding rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:58:39 -0800

> >Vader bids many APs, tries to inflict Wound to sword arm,
> >Crit vs. Fail, apply Masteries, uses HP if necessary,
> >Luke gets complete defeat, Wound gets x3 multiplier ...
> >
> >Should one convert all of the x3 multiplier into
> >the Wound, or is the Wound accompanied by
> >a x2 AP loss, or can the wounder or the wounded
> >party decide what happens ?
>
> Sounds to me like Vader has driven Luke to -31 AP or more. I mean that was
> definitely an extended contest. And it ended with Luke getting his hand
cut
> off. So, to me, and given my recent discussion with Simon, this is just
the
> "normal" permenant result of a Complete Victory on Vader's part. Instead
of
> killing Luke, Vader instead changes Luke to "Handless Luke". Being
defeated,
> Luke then cannot continue the combat, and decides to retreat the only way
he
> can.

Actually, I see it as a -20-30AP (50% incapacity) defeat. Vader then attempts a Parting Shot to turn Luke to the Dark Side with "I am your Father", which Luke defeats by throwing himself off the tower, augmented by "Telepathic link to Leia" for the rescue.

A Complete Defeat in this duel would have eliminated Luke as a threat to the empire - either by his death or his conversion.

RR
- Richelieu