Re: Re: alternative wounding rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:40:05 -0800

> Hmm. Good point. So let's call it -20, plus Luke's 10W Lightsaber is a
total
> of Handless 40. Ouch. Works for me. Lucky for Luke it's in genre to
> eliminate such a trait with a trip to the medbot. :-)

Considering the effect that new hand has on Dad later (on the Death Star II), it can even be considered somewhat of a benefit. I wouldn't really consider it a flaw at all, except for the 10 or 15 minutes of screen time before he gets to the hospital ship (some of which is being taken care of by Leia - too bad she's A) in love with that scruffy nerf-herder Han and B) his sister...). The Hospital ship is the equivalent of Major Magical Healing or even Secret-level Healing.

RR
- Richelieu