Re: alternative wounding rules

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:55:35 -0000

> The big problem is that to elect to leave your foe with 7 extra AP
> which you could have taken off him is quite often enough to ensure
> that he whups you. And if he's wounded but you're whupped, then
you're
> still whupped, and to be honest with skills in the 10W range being
> reduced to 9W doesn't really make much difference. ...

I agree with you in general, but there is an interesting ddity of the current rules. Suppose two opponents have abilities of 14 each. Obviously it's better to inflict a -7 AP loss (50% of APs) as against a measly -1 penalty.

Now supose the two contestants have abilities of 14W4, bearing in mind that masteries cancel. Now your oponent has 94AP. Which is better, inflicting a loss of 49 points (about 50% of APs) or a -7 penalty, reducing his chances of success on every roll by half?

Wounding using the existing rules becomes a much more attractive option when you're in the big league.

Simon Hibbs