Re: Chanelling Jedi

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:44:59 -0600

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>

>The hand plays no overt role in the movie, except to make Darth realize
>what
>is happening to Luke. I doubt that Luke's Player would have said "I try to
>make him realize that my cybernetics and his cybernetics are bad, and that
>I'm becoming like him" -

In games that I've played recently, this is sorta what would happen. The player would say, "I'm using my Cybernetic Hand as my ability this round to convince my father not to kill me by showing him that we're very much the same, and how sensless all this violence is."

Luke's goal is to *not* kill his father, but to redeem him (the Emperor's goal is multivariate - Luke goes dark side, or he dies). The hand is key man, maybe as a parting shot? In any case, it works.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there are ways that we could get it in play, and ways that one wouldn't use it. I'm just intrigued by the possibilities of it's use this way. The fact that one *can* use it this way make HW too cool for words. :-)

Mike

It�s our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months _at_$9.95/month. Get it now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup