Re: Chanelling Jedi

From: Graeme P. Bell <mac_logo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:40:58 -0000

Since the film is a narrative of events I don't think we can go backwards in the process from the narrative to a definitive set of bids and dice rolls in an extended contest.

Many different ways of running the attempted seduction and the fight could result in the same narration. Indeed the fight could be a simple contest within the seduction. The entire thing could be part of a Jedi/Sith extended contest over 5 (or so) millenia. It could climax of the personal contest between Yoda and Palpatine, or Obi Wan and Anakin, Vader vs Anakin or even Padme vs Vader. Each of these conflicts could be being resolved. In the film any and all of the conflicts are being resolved.

Of course, in HQ we are encouraged never to nest extended contests so we have to pick one.

The explicit arc is that of Anakin bringing "balance to the Force", as he is the "Chosen One" of the Force. The Force itself has set up Anakin as the one who can get close enough to Palpatine to destroy him. Whatever...

I say: The more examples and interpretations the merrier. None of them are wrong. All they have to do is fit in with the events and the (evil, dark-side term approaching...) metaplot. Sorry, character arcs of the protagonists vs the goals of the antagonists.

Cheers and Happy Hols.

Graeme