Re: Armour

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:11:11 -0000

>Just giving the shirt a high bonus doesnt seem apropiate to me .
>Maybe the shirt as an ability?

Well as per the equipment rules Mithril mail shirt 10W3 would count as a chain mail shirt at say +3 (it is a lite mail shirt after all) but give an augment equal to 1/10 of its rating as well (10W3/10 = +7) which gives you a total of +10. Because I am giving you the augment I probably would not let you use it as an active ability to resist attacks with. However I might allow you to use it in a final action, much as Frodo does for a 'I'm not really dying, the mail shirt stopped the blow, I'm just badly bruised, winded, and a bit shaken' final action if left unattended by your cave troll attacker.