Re: Armour

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:31:41 -0600

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>

>Mike:
> >Note that this *wouldn't* make sense for use as a final action as these
> >rarely give the character AP back (need a transfer) on a success,
>
>Nope, *any* success gives you AP back equal to the ability used (page 74).

Whoops, how could I forget? I still think that the player remebered the mithril shirt when the Troll was trying to put him away, however. ;-)

OTOH, I'd agree that it works well in this case as a sort of Healing Ability. It doesn't really heal you, but the effect is the same, and it almost looks like it in the Frodo example. I like this idea in general. I've been thinking about contests that could be broken down into more detail, and I think that this is just the sort of thing I've been thinking of. Note how this could be used as an "unrelated" action in combat as well? So the player sacrifice his turn to have a contest show how it only looked like the character was wounded badly when in actuality his armor saved him. Very nice. I like that the player can forgo it.

For non-Sim players only. ;-)

Mike

It�s our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months _at_$9.95/month. Get it now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup