The Glorantha Digest Undigested

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:48:58 +0000

For many years, the Glorantha Digest has only been available as a single digest of all messages sent. Without wanting to re-open the arguments over this, the reasoning is basically that the list enjoys the best signal to noise ratio of any mailing list I'm aware of, and if it isn't broke, don't fix it. However, a number of people have expressed an interest in receiving the messages individually. Therefore, from today, the Glorantha Digest is available undigested. I'm not going to totally abandon the old approach, so as a compromise there will be a delay of up to twelve hours between a message being sent and subscribers receiving it. Hopefully, this will provide the maximum convinience to subscribers, while keeping the character of the mailing list intact.

For those who are long term members of the Glorantha Digest, you can stop reading now. For those who are new or haven't joined the list yet, here's a short introduction.

What is the Glorantha Digest?
The oldest, most general, and largest of the Gloranthan mailing lists.

What's on topic?
Anything vaguely Gloranthan. Long threads on non-Gloranthan topics are discouraged, but otherwise anything goes. Certainly, anything that might be on topic for any of the other Gloranthan lists is welcome on the Digest.

Do threads have to be "deep" to be posted to the Digest? Absolutely not! There are no rules - newbies are as welcome as respected Gloranthan scholars.

Is the list moderated?
Sort of. I deal with administration, spam blocking, and other such tasks, but don't actively moderate the list. The only action that I will take is against those who breach copyright or spam the list. Otherwise, the list is pretty much self-moderating.