Re: First Draft: Currency based Resolution

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:55:39 -0000

Well, only if you win!

Don't recall if the 14 points = Grevious wound is still in existance for HQ, but at the level I was playing at people rarely bid 14 for fear of wiping themselves out if they lost...

>I understand that this might tend to discourage the use of the
>"wounding" rules just as people have been saying that the
>current "7AP for Hurt" rules don't get used.
>The mechanic would get used, even if mostly by GMs.

In many cases, (particularly combat related ones) the tool is definitely more useful for GM's, since it allows the PC's to overcome the opposition but still carry the effects forward into the next contest. (By and large for the players, reducing the opposition below 0 AP is a better option.)

--
Online Xmas Card
http://www.timellis.demon.co.uk/santa.htm