HeroQuest Adaptation (was HeroQuest on Gor)

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 06:49:16 -0800 (PST)

> From: "styopa004" <steve_at_...>
>
> Actually, I was thinking for a long time about
> using Hero Wars (it was a while ago) as the
> basis for a rules set either for a modern
> espionage game, or for a futuristic
> science-fiction game (far future or even just
> post-apocalypse* future like Gamma World or
> Twilight 2k).
>
> * is it just me, or since the Cold War ended,
> does "post-apocalypse" stuff seem
> increasingly 'quaint' and irrelevant?

I think it has transformed into "post-asteroid" or "post-super-volcano". That would be an interesting setting. Have the players take modern abilities and keywords, then have the asteroid hit or super-volcano erupt. The players have to adapt or die.

Presumably, I'd need to take abilities that do not reflect what I really am, or I'd die. Let's see:   Lawyer 2W
  Negotiator 2W10
  Use Computers 19
  Read Books 3W
  Likes Games 1W10
  Cook with Microwave 19
  Overwieght 18
I think the first cannibal that came along would get me. I think I'd need to take Former Navy Seal 3W and Professor of History of Technology 2W to make it.

Chris Lemens

Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus