auto augments

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:50:59 EST

<< But I'd worry that rolling
 augments afterwards would be anticlimactic. Yes, I understand that its sort  of a letdown when the augment that you put in doesn't end up mattering. But  if you roll afterwards wouldn't it sometimes seem that contest was about the  augment, and not the primary conflict?>>

We haven't found that. In fact, the players were getting to the stage where they mostly wanted to roll the dice because augments were seen as a lot of faff often with no real effect; the lower roll was what mattered. This method allows us to cut to the chase and only really effects close results where a few points on the target number really count.

I'd go as far as recommending it, and at the least, have it up your sleeve as a thing to try in a "don't bother with augments, if you need them you can roll (or compile a list of auto augments ) after the main roll. When you see you need +20 to alter a result then you realise that it is often not going to have been worht doing all those augments before hand in any case.

Keith