RE: Digest Number 1415

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:01:20 -0800

Mike,

>I'm not proposing doing away with rolling for Augments or >anything like that. On the contrary, I love rolling for >Augments, and am trying to get it to happen more.

Much clearer. Thanks.
I was confused.

>What the
>above quote is about is the fact that, once you've >generated an Augment, whether by the automatic method, or >by the random method, then you roll the primary contest. >In many cases, it turns out that the Augment wasn't >pertinent with the current system.

I do understand what you were saying now but frankly am unsympathetic. Please forgive my callousness, but if my player was dismayed or griping about this I´d suggest to him that he make his life easier and stop augmenting then. Then when he failed some subsequent roll by one or two pips, I´d remind him that he could have augmented. Yea, maybe that is Narrator Cruelty.
Just call me Jane. :)

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford