Augmenting Armour Rank and giving hindrances

From: Rob Finnegan <rob_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:44:16 +0100

In the "What's in the Box?" sheets that comes with the game there is an example called Torvig Horrisson who has the Fetish of "Shadowy Shield spirit" would this normally be used to augment his armour rating? Or would its might be added to his close combat?

Also do talents like his "Screech of Pain" which in the combat tactics be used to create a hindrance on his using their resistance plus the resistance of the desired edge, if so it would be pretty difficult to inflict a "useful" hindrance on someone. Or would it be used in a simple contest in which case these sort of talents/feats etc are pretty powerful. I know that both cases could be used as this is the nature of the rules but I would like some supporting option/ consensus.

Cheers