Just got Heros Book *and* Dragon Pass LoT

From: argrathi <argrathi_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:07:53 -0000

Hero's Book doesn't have an index!!!

Doh..............

DP LoT's index isn't as good as it should be. If it's in the book it should be in the index IMHO.

Apart from that they are both very good. The new examples in HB are infomative. I learnt some new stuff (I can concentrate a theist as an initiate and improvise feats at -5 woohoo). The feats, affinities, common magic, concentration rules are very confusing but i'm finally getting a grasp.

DP is a wonderland of plot ideas. But I have some criticisms. Some locations have tribal boundaries described and others don't. It would have been nice to have seen them marked on the map (or a seperate map). Some towns are described beautifully so we can describe them (like aldachur). Others aren't so it's not much use knowing what Jaldon did to so-and-so when we don't know what the place looks like.

Bizarrely i enjoy William Church's illustrations now when I used to hate them. Who knows maybe I might rediscover Dobyski.

If I kill a heortling raider and rob his common magic charms do they work for me?. Do I have to go to temple to recharge my common magic spell talismans? Do you get common magic blessings and curses?

Can we have more magic items in scenarios (sad I know but we all like them)?