Re: Strange and weird abilities

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:18:35 -0600

I've been mainly running HQ demos lately at conventions, where I've been encouraging the players to take any abilities they can think of (using the list as you go along method). They usually keep the character sheets, so I'm listing most things from memory.
  1. Items: Many players have added D&D magic items (Rope of Climbing, Potion of Shrinking come to mind), and I let them. Other items include Iron Sword of Flaming Death (I think that was based on a throwaway comment of mine), Gore-Child Collector of Skulls (sword), Rat on a Stick (divination item-Munchkin source), Weasel Skull of Screaming, Mead of Soothing, Secret Stash
  2. During the last demo I ran, an Elmali warrior had a hawk follower that shot "laser beams" from its eyes (why not?), and a Yinkini hunter had a pair of alynxes (one could speak telepathically to him, the other could see magic but had to relay through the telepathic one; one had Steal Pie from Windowsill).
  3. Abilities & Flaws: nothing comes to mind
  4. Goals: Crush de enemy, drive him before you, and hear the lamentations of de wivem (another throwaway comment, obvious source)

Thanks,
Andy