Re: Re: Question

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:48:33 +0000

>So I take it - if I say have Combat affinity 17 with Feat#1
>_at_17,Feat#2 @17,Feat#3 @17

This isn't possible. Feats don't get a seperate rating. The closest you could get would be :

Combat 17 (Feat#1, Feat#2, Feat#3)

>If I now spend 3 points to increase my affinity rating, do they all
>increase to 18? Or are they now all independent of each other for
>the purposes of raising by experience.

Spending three points raises your affinity rating to 18 :

Combat 18 (Feat#1, Feat#2, Feat#3)

Since feats don't *have* their own rating, they automatically use the new number.

Alternatively you can spend a single HP to raise one feat alone. It still uses the affinity rating, but gets a bonus :

Combat 17 (Feat#1, Feat#2 +1, Feat#3)

Using Feat#2 you would roll against 18 (17 from affinity +1 from feat =18).

If, over a series of adventures, you spend six points on the affinity, three points of Feat#2 and one point on feat#3, the result would be :

Combat 19 (Feat#1, Feat#2 +3, Feat#3 +1)

And you would use the feats at 19 (Feat#1) 2W1 (Feat#2) and 20 *(Feat#3).

The order in which you spend the hero points is irrelevant.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson