Re: Augments

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:17:42 -0800

Rob

>Does anyone run a game without auto augments?

It seems to me that one reason HQ has more augmentation is because it *does* have auto-augments. In Hero Wars, who'd want to slow the game down to roll for 3+ augments?

(As a Narrator with far more HW experience than HQ, I'm still trying to guage the size of a typical augment. Seems like the players are always ending up with more than the NPCs, which makes it harder to come up with challenging opponents.)

The rules explicitly say there's no limit to the number of augments. It's (correctly) vague on how many you can use without taking an action. It also says that you can *never* gain an augment for a default ability -- it must be one that's written on your sheet (which means it's at least 13).

--

David Dunham