Re: Paragraph issue

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:53:14 -0800

> One of my players put "Has a band of loyal warriors at his call." in
> his 100 word paragraph.
>

> How would YOU handle dealing with this?

That he has a source of followers who (mostly) all have the "Warrior" keyword. *BUT* for an NPC to be considered a "Follower" (with all the benefits as described in HQ) it really needs to be specified on the character sheet - he doesn't have 20 warriors as followers unless he lists them individually. They don't all follow him on cattle raids, or dungeon crawls, or bar-brawls, or embassies, or seduction attempts (or whatever). So if he wants Followers, he needs to add them to the paragraph - otherwise they are Supporting Characters.

Now, if you're going to get into battles and such, then he has the makings of a warband, but otherwise it's like "Leader of the Humakt Temple", or "Boss of Work Gang" as an ability - it's more of a relationship than a bunch of followers.

I might let him have a pair of Bodyguard Followers for 'free" - but they are just generic warriors from the group (they probably rotate the duty through the troop): Warrior 17's, with a "Relationship to Bodyguards 17" (assuming he's a warrior or other battle-type that could have "Warriors" as followers - a Healer would only get a Relationship 13 with them unless she puts points into it).

RR
- Richelieu