Re: Augments

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:28:29 -0000

> (As a Narrator with far more HW experience than HQ, I'm still
trying
> to guage the size of a typical augment. Seems like the players are
> always ending up with more than the NPCs, which makes it harder to
> come up with challenging opponents.)

Could be worth pre-calculating some situations, perhaps? PBeM is a bit different, of course, but what we're now doing for (to?) Guy is giving advance estimates of the augments and bonuses we'll be using for situations that are obviously going to arise pretty soon. It gives him time to rule out some of them, suggest others, tell us what the modifiers are, and adjust the opposition a bit.

Eventually we may even settle down to a set of standard augments, but at present we're still getting used to the idea of all those edges being bonuses, CC being split between weapon types, and so on. The TN we take into combat does seem to be a lot higher these days, I agree.