RE: Re: Sample Shaman

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:05:01 -0600

>From: "yinkin_the_cat" <wquadros_at_...>

>Done. Go to www.celtic-webs.com/glorantha.
>
>Look at Berkut No-Toes under 'Resources' and then 'Sample
>Characters'. He is a Spirit-talker.

That's spooky. Saturday I created a Darjiini practitioner who also speaks Sylilan whose name is Bevek.

I note that in your write-up he recieved the 5 Tradition Charms - we wondered in, in fact, one got these if one was a practitioner and not just a spiritist. In general, there seems to be some confusion with the rules about that sort of thing. Basically, you'd assume that at one point that a practitioner was a Spiritist - or, rather, that in some ways they still are. So the thought is that you'd get the benefits of that level of induction. But the rule is that you only get one Specialized Magic Keyword. Spiritist counts because it's not the same as the religion keyword (at least that seems to be the case). So, by that strict interpretation would you not get the Tradition Charms? Does anybody see the problem that I'm encountering here? Can anyone straighten this out in general?

Further, the sample character started with three fetishes (or are these just practice spirit charms)? Did you have to buy these separately? I don't believe that you actually start with any according to the book. Also, they're listed at 17, but don't they start at 13? That's what the "Befriending Spirit" section says, IIRC. I know this would make it an exception to the standard rule for abilities under a Keyword (and the similar Follower rules). Can anyone clarify?

Mike

Create your own personal Web page with the info you use most, at My MSN. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200364ave/direct/01/