RE: same magic, different source, different application, all at once?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:37:12 -0600

>From: bethexton_at_...
>
>The rules are moderately clear that you can only be augmented once by
>specific magical ability. I take this to mean that if you have two
>magical abilities with the same name only the greater applies.

I think you misread. The text under stackingrefers to the general rule which is that no single ability can be used to augment more than once. In the example under augmenting, it says that you can't use Strong twice. Seems like an obvious thing to say, but apparently they wanted to be clear. In general, you can use any three magical abilites to augment an action per stacking, so I'd say that in your example that you can use all three of the separate abilties with the same name. Just as you could certainly use three strongs from three different followers.

Mike

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/