Re: follower actions vs. multiple attackers

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:41:22 -0800

Bryan

>Now Dan wants to join the combat. The goal is for Bob to have no
>penalty against the third attacker, and only -3 against the fourth.
>Dan can't add his AP to Bob at this point. He could augment him, or
>loan him AP I suppose. How would you rule what is sufficient
>commitment to count as a third defender?

This all sounded good from a narrative standpoint, and narrative should always be reflected in modifiers or something...

Arguably, any time Dan is subject to the results of combat, he would provide (or offset) the multiple attacker penalty. In this case, he might add 0 AP to Bob, but would still suffer Dan's consequences (plus one level).

Although I'm not sure offhand what rule prevents Dan from joining the combat as a follower at this point -- why couldn't he add all his AP (assuming he hadn't already loaned them to someone else)? Is there a rule I'm forgetting?

--

David Dunham